Commitment of Care and Competency
- Clients are served without regard to age, race, income, nationality, religious affiliation, disability or other arbitrary circumstances.
- Clients are treated with kindness, compassion and in a caring manner.
- Clients always receive honest and open answers.
- Client pregnancy tests are distributed and administered in accordance with all applicable laws.
- Client information is held in strict and absolute confidence. Releases and permissions are obtained appropriately. Client information is only disclosed as required by law and when necessary to protect the client or others against imminent harm.
- Clients receive accurate information about pregnancy, fetal development, lifestyle issues, and related concerns.
- We do not offer, recommend or refer for abortions or abortifacients, or contraceptives but are committed to offering accurate information about related risks and procedures.
- All of our advertising and communications are truthful and honest, and accurately describe the services we offer.
- We provide a safe environment by screening all volunteers and staff interacting with clients.
- We are governed by a board of directors and operate in accordance with our articles of incorporation, by-laws, and stated purpose and mission.
- We comply with applicable legal and regulatory requirements regarding employment, fundraising, financial management, taxation, and public disclosure, including the filing of all applicable government reports in a timely manner.
- Medical services are provided in accordance with all applicable laws, and in accordance with pertinent medical standards, under the supervision and direction of a licensed physician.
- All of our staff, board members, and volunteers receive appropriate training to uphold these standards.
Patients’ Rights and Responsibilities
Women’s Care Center is dedicated to providing you with the best care, both in terms of treatment and patient experience. We respect your rights as a patient and want you to understand your responsibility as a partner in your care.
Women’s Care Center is committed to providing you with respectful care as we meet your needs. For this reason, we provide the following summary of your rights as a patient:
You have a right to considerate and respectful care.
You have the right to participate in the development of your plan of care.
You will not lawfully be denied access to care due to sex, race, religion, color, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation,
marital status, medical disability or age.
You have the right to information about your diagnosis, condition and treatment in terms that you can understand.
You are entitled to be free from all forms of abuse or harassment.
You have the right to make or have a representative of your choice make informed decisions about your care.
You are entitled to be free from any forms of restraint or seclusion as a means of convenience, discipline, coercion or retaliation.
You are entitled to information about rules and regulations affecting your care or conduct.
You have the right to know the names and professional titles of Women’s Care Center’s Medical Director and Health Care Professionals.
You have the right to personal privacy and to receive care in a safe environment.
You have the right to a prompt and reasonable response to any request for services within the capacity of Women’s Care Center’s scope of services.
You have the right to express concerns or grievances regarding your care to Women’s Care Center’s personnel.
You have the right to your medical and personal records being confidential.
You have the right to see your medical record within the limits of the law.
This is a summary of your responsibilities as a patient of Women’s Care Center.
It is your responsibility to provide accurate and complete information about all matters pertaining to your health, including medications and past or present medical problems.
You are responsible for following the instructions and advice of Women’s Care Center’s care team.
It is your responsibility to notify a member of Women’s Care Center’s care team if you do not understand information about your care and treatment.
You are responsible for reporting changes in your condition or symptoms, including pain, to a member of Women’s Care Center’s care team.
It is your responsibility to act in a considerate and cooperative manner and to respect the rights and property of others.
You are responsible for following the rules and regulations of Women’s Care Center.
You are expected to keep your scheduled appointments or to cancel them in advance if at all possible.
Women’s Care Center does not honor Advanced Directives; however, it is your responsibility to provide a copy of your Advanced Directive to Women’s Care Center for placement in your medical record. The Advanced Directive will be suspended while being cared for at Women’s Care Center. If there is a medical emergency 911 will be called and paramedics will transport you to the local hospital.
Questions or Concerns?
You and your family should feel you can always voice your concerns. If you share a concern or complaint, your care will not be affected in any way. The first step is to discuss your concerns with the Nurse Manager. If you have concerns that are not resolved, please contact the Executive Director at (304) 485-7122.
Should you continue to remain concerned after contacting the Executive Director, you may contact the WV State Department of State Health at 1 (800) 642-8589 or contact the Accreditation Association of Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC) at 847.853.6060.
Notice of Privacy Practices
You can read our full privacy practices here.
Informed Reproductive Health Care
3007 Dudley Avenue Parkersburg, WV 26104
Our services are free and confidential. Our center offers accurate information through pregnancy options education. We do not provide or refer any patient for services that render the termination or endangerment of human life. The information on this website is intended for general education purposes only and should not be relied upon as a substitute for professional and/or medical advice. We staff licensed healthcare professionals who will meet with you and discuss your individual needs.
© 2020 Women's Care Center. All Rights Reserved.