Know the Facts
If you are considering having an abortion, it is important to remember it is a medical procedure. What type will you have? What are the risks? You deserve to know the facts. You owe it to yourself to make an informed decision.
If you’re considering abortion, you need to know:
- Are you really pregnant?
- Is your pregnancy normal? Or are you at risk for natural miscarriage? Or do you have a tubal pregnancy requiring immediate medical attention?
- How far along are you?
Ask yourself the following questions:
- Am I well informed about the procedures and their risks?
- Have I been tested for STD’s?
- What are the laws of my state?
- Am I being pressured by anyone in this direction?
- Have I discussed abortion with a person who has had the experience?
- How have I viewed this option in the past?
- How much do I know about the potential physical complications including those affecting relations and fertility?
- What do I know about the potential negative emotional impact from having an abortion?
It may also be helpful to review the information linked below as you think about your options:
You may also click on the links below to view these PDF files.