Know the Facts
If you are considering having an abortion, it is important to remember it is a medical procedure. What type will you have? Are there risks? You deserve to know the facts. You owe it to yourself to make an informed decision.
You need to know:
- Are you really pregnant?
- Is your pregnancy normal? Or are you at risk for natural miscarriage? Or do you have a tubal pregnancy requiring immediate medical attention? See also positive pregnancy test for more on the importance of making sure your pregnancy is viable.
- How far along are you?
Ask yourself the following questions:
- Am I well informed about the procedures and their risks?
- Have I been tested for STD’s?
- What are the laws of my state?
- Am I being pressured by anyone in this direction?
- Have I discussed abortion with a person who has had the experience?
- How have I viewed this option in the past?
- How much do I know about the potential physical complications including those affecting relations and fertility?
- What do I know about the potential negative emotional impact from having an abortion?