If you have experienced pregnancy symptoms, had a home positive pregnancy test, or suspect you may be pregnant, call today to make an appointment. You have come to the right place and we can help. Here is what you can expect when you visit our medical cli
- Verify the positive results you received at home with a pregnancy test at our medical clinic. A lab-quality pregnancy urine (hCG) test detects the presence of human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG). HCG is a hormone that is normally produced by the placenta and is an excellent marker for indicating pregnancy. Once you arrive at the center, a urine sample, for testing, will be obtained. Please drink plenty of water at least an hour before your appointment.
- The next step is to confirm your pregnancy is viable with an ultrasound by a medical professional.
It is important to verify you have a viable intrauterine pregnancy regardless of your pregnancy decision. A viable pregnancy is one that is safely located in the uterus and is capable of developing under normal conditions. Approximately 10-15% of all known pregnancies result in miscarriage according to The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. When a pregnancy is located in the fallopian tubes it is called an ectopic pregnancy. Ectopic pregnancy is a serious condition and the pregnancy will not be viable. See signs and symptoms of ectopic pregnancy for more information. Do not make any further medical decisions without finding out if you are in pregnant and that your pregnancy is viable.
At your visit, a limited OB ultrasound will be offered or scheduled:
- to confirm a viable pregnancy
- to identify the pregnancy is safely located in the uterus
- to determine with more accuracy the weeks of pregnancy
A final diagnosis of pregnancy is medically confirmed through a limited obstetrical ultrasound. Our pregnancy services include:
- A lab quality pregnancy testing ran while you wait.
- Confirmation of pregnancy through a limited obstetrical ultrasound.
- Finally, we will discuss your pregnancy options, answer any questions, and most important… listen. If you are undecided about your pregnancy or leaning towards termination, we offer a pre-termination consultation.
At Women’s Care Center limited obstetrical ultrasounds are provided under the direction and supervision of a licensed physician to confirm pregnancy. To schedule an appointment for a pregnancy test and ultrasound, call 304-485-7113.